[Pharo-dev] 13102

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Mon Apr 14 09:15:29 EDT 2014

Hi,

Sorry for not replying before but I was offline. This issue is not to fix
Keymapping at this point. The current solution was designed with intent to
work in the current way. We can certainly discuss about fixing it, but the
solution is not for Pharo 3.

The current discussion is about disabling the global shortcuts for opening
the Workspace and other tools. In the Moose image, we disable those
shortcuts because with the current implementation of Keymapping having
complicated global keybindings simply leads to problems (for example, we
cannot use Cmd+o for anything). Do not get me wrong: Keymapping is an
excellent contribution that simplified a lot an important area. My
suggestion is to remove the global mappings for Pharo 3.0, and then
continue to work on getting Keymappings to an even better state.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"