[Pharo-dev] [OT] Pharo-Amber stack screencast

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Fri Apr 11 16:06:05 EDT 2014

On Apr 11, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Luc Fabresse <luc.fabresse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Really nice video and demo app!
> Thanks a lot for sharing this.

thanks for your feedback, I’m glad you enjoyed!

> Is the code available?
Two issues with that:
1. it has many piece and a screencast for that would be long
2. Amber is changing a little how it organises things, I would like to share the new way and that app has the old way. Hopefully this is the first screencast of many showing the new way which is way cooler.

What can be done? I’ll release the pieces and screencast as I can. One is already there but could find time to explain how to install motivation, applicability, etc. Stay tuned!

> To learn more in details ;-)
>
> In the video, I also liked when you presented the root folder of your project and how you managed the marriage of everything.
> For example, you explained that you use filetree so I suppose that you use git or svn for versioning the whole thing?

Glad you mention this. I was suspecting someone would appreciate that (I know I would a while ago).
Yes, I use filetree and git.
If I have to start it again from scratch I think I would do it a little simpler
I guess I’ve learned as I did it XD

> I would also have liked more details on the network communications.
> 1 websocket per webpage?
> home-made protocol?
That’s something interesting I didn’t showed there, you’re right. Not too fancy, just WebSockets with a custom Zinc handler on the backend. I’m thinking on doing a second part showing just that.

again thanks for your input and glad you enjoyed