[Pharo-dev] MongoGB GridFS driver for Pharo

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri Apr 11 05:46:22 EDT 2014

Am 11.04.2014 um 11:29 schrieb Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl>:

> Roberto wrote:
>> What about storing and retrieving documents that exceed the Mongo document size limit? :)
>
> Pushing large documents through MongoDB might be a pretty bad idea.
> I don’t find enough google search results to
>  mongodb "zero-copy”
> and there are no claims that GridFS is fast on the website, only easy.
> You might get much better results using a distributed files system (mogilefs?)

Handling large documents in a distributed environment is always pain. But there is no choice if you need it. I’m not sure how bad GridFS is. On the other hand not one distributed filesystem I encountered in my career was close to be usable. I don’t know MogileFs! But it is implemented in perl, so are you serious about it? :)

Norbert