[Pharo-dev] FileSystem-Git status update 3

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Apr 10 07:35:26 EDT 2014

On 10 Apr 2014, at 1:18 , Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 April 2014 11:44, Henrik Johansen <henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no> wrote:
>
> On 09 Apr 2014, at 5:30 , Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 09.04.2014, at 17:25, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Max Leske wrote
> >>
> >> I think you just pass nil, no?
> >
> > One would think so, but no… :)
> > NB will signal an exception because UndefinedObject is not of the expected type.
>
> I remember an optCoerceNilToNull, but that seems to
> 1) Only apply to pointer types (which could mean having to use char *, not String, and thus need to do encoding/decoding manually)
> 2) Be scoped to entire call, not single parameter (may or may not be more than a philosophical objection)
>
> Might be worth a shot though?
>
> - optCoerceNilToNull is for pointers
>
> for strings, there's an option:
> - optStringOrNull
>
> which, if enabled, adds additional check for nil in generated marshaller code,
> so that by passing nil it will pass NULL to calling function.

Would probably aid discoverability quite a bit if optionAt:  was used consistently, and (at least the convenient-for-implementing-not-so-convenient-for-using option handling in) NBNativeCodeGen >> #doesNotUnderstand: removed…
The finder is unable to point me to users of optStringOrNull even when I know the selector, and the defaultOptions method (which was the first place I found with a list of options) contains far from a complete set of the total available options, it seems…

Cheers,
Henry