[Pharo-dev] FileSystem-Git status update 3

Henrik Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu Apr 10 05:44:20 EDT 2014

On 09 Apr 2014, at 5:30 , Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09.04.2014, at 17:25, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
>> Max Leske wrote
>>
>> I think you just pass nil, no?
>
> One would think so, but no… :)
> NB will signal an exception because UndefinedObject is not of the expected type.

I remember an optCoerceNilToNull, but that seems to
1) Only apply to pointer types (which could mean having to use char *, not String, and thus need to do encoding/decoding manually)
2) Be scoped to entire call, not single parameter (may or may not be more than a philosophical objection)

Might be worth a shot though?

Cheers,
Henry