[Pharo-dev] Build process of Pharo image

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 07:08:11 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a question regarding the way the Pharo image is technically and
socially built.
One of the Pharo aim is to be a small and clean environment one can use
to develop and build dedicated application.
Dedicated tools as Metacello and Gofer are developed for this purpose.
Many architecture and dev tools are developed and replacing the old
ones: spec, nautillus, etc.
Now from the my peripheral point of view, it looks like these tools are
carved in the image, breaking the idea of a small and clean core image;
making difficult to build dedicated application image.
My question: why those tools were not developed to be loadable in a Pharo?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu