[Pharo-dev] Nautilus sidebar buttons as plugin (Pharo4)

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Wed Apr 2 13:00:57 EDT 2014

Ben wrote:
>Remind me a lot of lectures I had:
>“Today we will see how to go on the Moon.
>>This was how to fill up the tank,
>the rest is left as an exercise”

As I forgot to take the VMMaker sources with me, I was unable to
work on the VM bug this afternoon and bring the Pharo3 release
a bit nearer.

Instead I played with Nautilus and made the SBIC buttons into a
plugin
  https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?13167

Improvements expected:
- make plugins auto-layout vertically/horizontally;
- and/or limit their possible positions;
- show plugins by default;
- make the functionality of the SBIC buttons available somewhere in a menu.

I noticed the model/model ui is not available during construction
of the plugin UI. A better solution than testing for availability of
the ui would be welcome.

Stephan