[Pharo-dev] PharoVM on Windows & Code::Blocks for debugging

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Tue Apr 1 11:42:30 EDT 2014

Latest version fails to build.

Scanning dependencies of target libssh2
[  9%] Unpacking libssh2 ...
[ 10%] Building libssh2
checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking libssh2 version... 1.4.3
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
configure: autobuild project... libssh2
configure: autobuild revision... 1.4.3
configure: autobuild hostname... Techlab
configure: autobuild timestamp... 20140401-173417
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for long long... yes
checking if _REENTRANT is already defined... no
checking if _REENTRANT is actually needed... no
checking if _REENTRANT is onwards defined... no
checking for library containing socket... no
checking for library containing inet_addr... no
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking whether ln -s works... no, using cp -pR
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for sshd... no
checking for as... as
checking for dlltool... dlltool
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... (cached) /bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /c/MinGW/bin/nm
checking the name lister (/c/MinGW/bin/nm) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 8192
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert i686-pc-mingw32 file names to i686-pc-mingw32
format... func_convert_file_msys_to_w32
checking how to convert i686-pc-mingw32 file names to toolchain format...
func_convert_file_msys_to_w32
checking for c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... (cached) objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... file_magic ^x86 archive
import|^x86 DLL
checking for dlltool... (cached) dlltool
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries...
func_cygming_dll_for_implib
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /c/MinGW/bin/nm output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking for dlfcn.h... no
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... no
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... unknown
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... unknown
checking for ld used by GCC... c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for libssl... no
checking for libgcrypt... no
configure: error: cannot find OpenSSL or Libgcrypt,
try --with-libssl-prefix=PATH or --with-libgcrypt-prefix=PATH
make[2]: *** [thirdparty/out/bin/libssh2-1.dll] Error 1
make[1]: *** [thirdParty/libssh2/CMakeFiles/libssh2.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

User at Techlab ~/PharoVM/pharo-vm/build
$