[Pharo-dev] ANNC: QRCode Generator

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Sat Nov 30 15:48:30 EST 2013

On 30 Nov 2013, at 21:05, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I find this a little rude and conceited.  It would have taken you almost no effort to add a sentence explaining what QRCideGenerator did and then those if us who were interested could have visited.  Instead you leave it a mystery and require us all to go visit to discover what it is and whether it could be of use or interest. I find that lacking in courtesy, and it makes me less likely to visit the site, not more.  I wish in general that there was a culture of announcements of new packages and/ or versions of packages that included a small summary of the package's functionality.
>
> Eliot (phone)

Someone sharing code that he put some effort in is always good.

Better and more documentation is of course important, but it says on StHub:

  An implementation of QR Code Model 2 generation for Pharo.

I assume you know what a QR code is and what generation of a QR code is, as to what model (or I guess, version) 2 is, there is

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

I don’t think the author is rude, maybe modest.

Thanks Jeff.

But I haven’t looked at the code ;-)