[Pharo-dev] Athens-Cairo is part of Pharo?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 02:35:22 EST 2013

On 30 November 2013 00:32, Bernardo Ezequiel Contreras <vonbecmann at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's a deprecated method in Athens-Cairo.
> method: AthensCairoSurface>>#createLinearGradient:origin:corner:
> category: #paints
> package: RGPackage(Athens-Cairo)
>
> Should i move it to Deprecated package?
>
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/11668/Move-all-deprecated-method-to-Deprecated30-package

Good question.
The problem is, that this method has 3 implementors..
and it is a deprecated protocol in Athens API..
not all 3 of them deprecated yet.

i fixed them (by deprecating as well), but for moving them to
another package doesn't fits well with my guts.

By moving this method outside of scope of Athens,
you make Athens non-portable.
That's maybe not a big deal in this concrete case.. since Athens is part of
Pharo now,
but i have a feeling that such practice is anti-modular, because it
marries specific version of Athens with specific version of Pharo image
then,
and doing it implicitly.. feels like good old monolithic image ways ..

I am not sure what would be better way to go.. any good ideas?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.