[Pharo-dev] [Vm-dev] Frequent SegFaults in PharoVM with Pharo 3.0

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Mon Nov 25 10:30:00 EST 2013

On 25 Nov 2013, at 16:26, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Clément, that seems to be it. Disabling the timesRepeat inlining makes most of the builds run through but not all of them. It seems like there’s another (Opal related?) problem (with the exact same symptoms…).
>
> I’ve tried disabling all options, just to see what happens: all builds fail with SegFaults…

You can not compile without optimisations. There are places in the image that would not work with e.g. whileTrue: optimisation disabled as it would e.g. add an interrupt point where none is now
And other things, like performance, or e.g. the loop that goes over all objects, if that creates objects while running you have a problem…

	Marcus