[Pharo-dev] Nautilus no longer guards against changed methods

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Sun Nov 24 12:10:15 EST 2013

Sean wrote:
>Stephan Eggermont wrote
>We need to revert to the modal behavior
>In general in UIs, he best approach is to do what the user requests without hesitation, and make everything undoable. But obviously modal is better than losing changes…
It is not that I don’t find the old behavior annoying...

A better solution than the modal one should
- make it unattractive to have lots of open edits
- make it easy to find all open edits
- make it easy to compare open edits to the same method
- make it impossible to lose edits accidentally
and preferably
- show which edits are compilable
- show what is probably just a typo (some random character inserted
  somewhere in a method)

Stephan