[Pharo-dev] Patches for Pharo packages you are maintaining

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sun Nov 24 04:28:48 EST 2013

On Nov 23, 2013, at 10:51 PM, Lorenz Köhl <lorenz at quub.de> wrote:

>>> In the end I think is was a mistake to use fogbugz. For sure it’s nice for companies, but
>>> for open sourse projects it just does not work with a closed bug tracker.
>>>
>>> Now the question is what is the effort to move to yet another one?
>> I do not like fogbugz but I would not change now.
>> Let us
>> 	- make it easy for people to log
>
> The Racket programming language (racket-lang.org) has in its IDE DrRacket a menu item
> 	- Submit bug report
>
> Details about the system and a description of the bug is gathered and sent of to a bugs mailing list as well as creating an issue in a bug tracker. This way you get the issue number, a possible discussion thread about the bug/enhancement and any user can take part. IMHO this is the _right_ way to do it.

Long long time ago all the bugs could be submitted from Squeak itself (way before racket even started to exist) and we add a tool
to crawl the emails and sort the bugs and it was a lot of work.

So the Right way is something to evaluate and learn.

> Is there something similar for pharo?

No but it was planned now if people can publish bug at a fast rate (and may be there are not bug) our question is:  is it really reasonable to overwhelm with bugs :)