[Pharo-dev] Patches for Pharo packages you are maintaining

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sat Nov 23 15:35:38 EST 2013

On 23 Nov 2013, at 21:25, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013-11-23, at 11:02, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Le 23/11/2013 09:51, Camillo Bruni a écrit :
>>> opened https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/12229/XML-Tools-improvement otherwise these changes are as good as lost.
>>> sending mcz via mail is from the last century.
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> In the welcome page of the bug tracker, add a page explaining how to
>> create by yourself an account.
>
> It is all there: https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W41
>
> I was even so lazy that I made a video ;) since there are so many nasty steps
> involved that I don't think text will do it.

and it should be noted that the scheme we use is not the way it is because we think it’s perfect.

This is really strange that people always pre-suppose that whatever is done is done with indefinite
resources and therefore by definition exactly what was wanted. To the contrary: we just make it up as
we go along, with very limited resources, sometimes doing wrong decisions.. and we will slowly improve.

And no, just stopping until the process is perfect is *not* they way to go. This will just lead to nothing happening,
not to perfection.

	Marcus