[Pharo-dev] Patches for Pharo packages you are maintaining

Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 15:35:05 EST 2013

On 2013-11-23, at 20:51, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:
> On 23 Nov 2013, at 20:44, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Make it work. It never worked for me, I keep trying then give up,
>>> thinking about a temporary failure, then doing other business.
>>> I don't understand what the monkey really want but it is not nice with
>>> me. So I guess I miss something that should be documented.
>>>
>>> Hilaire
>>>

>> So registering on Pharo tracker *never* worked for me, since I try,
>> before the summer.
>>

> In the end I think is was a mistake to use fogbugz. For sure it’s nice for companies, but
> for open sourse projects it just does not work with a closed bug tracker.

But I get the impression that everybody wants to submit fixes their way and assume
that things are resolved in another way. There is quite a system behind everything
which is documented and well described (of course nobody ever read it...):

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W65

I currently see 4 big problems:

1. the password reset mail is not sent automatically (very confusing)
2. you need 2 accounts (once for fogbugz and once for smalltalkhub)
3. there are no public inboxes on smalltalkhub (requires another bothersome step to add people manually)
4. submitting a slice from the image requires the previous 3 steps to be completed upfront

It is close to impossible to describe that accurately in text, that's why I opted
for a video which takes some time, but should include all the above steps. I am
pretty sure that if you follow the video step by step you will get access without
problems. If not, I can update the instructions there.