[Pharo-dev] How to use Opal for parsing peace of code?

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sat Nov 23 03:39:45 EST 2013

On 23 Nov 2013, at 09:33, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:

> E.g. there are lots of references to RBParser in the Refactoring Engine. The problem is that is we replace
> them now, then all these uses break when you switch to the old Compiler as it uses a different API.

> So summary: it needs more work, but we can only do that in Pharo4.

Sadly. But it’s like it is. Putting now effort into it with keeping the old Compiler compatible would just be wasted
effort. Removing the old Compiler now I don’t want to do either because all the change that we would want
to do after is of the kind that one should not do a week before freezing for the release.

	Marcus