[Pharo-dev] Tuning Opal Optimizations

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Thu Nov 21 05:33:45 EST 2013

On 19 Nov 2013, at 16:45, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

>> Yes, you can do it per class-hierarchy… you can implement on the class side a method to parametrize the compiler:
>>
>> compiler
>> 	^super compiler options: #(- optionInlineTimesRepeat)
>
> Thanks, Marcus, that works just great.

Marcus,

Are we sure this option mechanism works when loading code through Monticello ?

I mean, this build fails the PEGParser tests:

  https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Xtreams/

but it includes the #compiler options in Xtreams-Parsing-nice.7

Could it not be that this is a chicken-egg problem: the #compiler options are only there _after_ the class is loaded/compiled, or maybe it is an instance/class side problem ?

Sven