[Pharo-dev] Spotlight discussion

phil at highoctane.be phil at highoctane.be
Sun Nov 17 12:14:15 EST 2013

Some things about old/new spotlight

- the width of the completions rectangle should be configurable as I often
find myself looking at messages that are too long and get cut at the end,
while what matters is what is at the end. I looked at the code and found
that changing the size of the spotlight morph to be easy, but not so for
the completion list which seems to be buried down somewhere in ECCompletion.

- there is no way to find numerical functions like sin exp... which is a
pain. I guess that's due to the 3 letters required before a search.

Now, about the location, why do we need that on the top right?
I'd love to have the morph open in the middle of the screen, where I am
looking anyway, and not on the top right.
A bit like how Launchy works. http://www.launchy.net/

Phil