[Pharo-dev] Critics Browser - behaviour with extensions

btc at openinworld.com btc at openinworld.com
Sat Nov 16 11:20:03 EST 2013

I thought for my first use of Critics Browser I would try it out on
PharoLauncher project.  I am not familiar with the expected behaviour
some I wanted to clarify something related to extensions before opening
a Case.

Running Critics Browser restricted to packages PharoLauncher-Core
(BenComan.12) & PharoLauncher-Spec (DamienCassou.11)
I get:
    Coding Idiom Violation > Sends "questionable" message
for method
    SettingTreeBuilder>>#systemSettings
but actually that method is not part of either of the two PharoLauncher
packages selected above.

However PharoLauncher-Spec does define an extension method
SettingTreeBuilder>>pharoLauncherSettings.  It seems this causes the
whole SettingTreeBuilder class to be processed. Whereas I would have
thought that only the single #pharoLauncherSettings method of
SettingTreeBuilder should be processed, not the whole class.  Renaming
the protocol of SettingTreeBuilder>>pharoLauncherSettings from
*pharoLauncher-Spec to *xx causes the Critic to go away.

What is the expected behaviour?

cheers -ben