[Pharo-dev] [Bug] In ClassDescription>>#linesOfCode

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri Nov 15 08:30:12 EST 2013

On 15 Nov 2013, at 14:18, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2013, at 14:07, Roberto Minelli <roberto.minelli at usi.ch> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I looked at the implementation of #linesOfCode of ClassDescription. It is actually wrong, a correct version should be:
>>
>> linesOfCode
>> 	"An approximate measure of lines of code. Includes comments, but excludes blank lines."
>> 	| lines |
>>
>> 	lines := self localMethods inject: 0 into: [:sum :each | sum + each linesOfCode].
>> 	^ self isMeta not
>> 		ifTrue: [lines]
>> 		ifFalse: [lines + self class linesOfCode]
>>

> indeed!

Hmm… not that sure after thinking about it.

On the meta side, we just take the linesOfCode of all methods. On the instance side, we take the linesOfCode of all method *and* the
ones of the meta.

When you call

Object linesOfCode

this means it takes

linesOfCode of Instance Side + linesOfCode of class side of Object

which seems ok.

	Marcus