[Pharo-dev] Convert to Athens

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 08:17:40 EST 2013

On 14 November 2013 19:47, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi jeff
>
> We should rewrite the drawnOn: method as drawAthensOn:
> and we should simplify the logic because often it is well… terrible.
> Now have a look at the way the tutorial Morph is done SceneView something
> because it shows the logic.
> I know that there is a morph to render morph in athens.
>
> Yes,
there is AthensSceneView
(read its class comment, its really easy to use)

for transition , i implemented a special morph, AthensWrapMorph
which wraps (as its name says) its children morphs and forces them to be
rendered by athens
(the child morphs will never receive #drawOn: but #drawOnAthensCanvas:
instead ).
Like that you can start using athens for current state of morphic and
later, when whole World will be rendered
by athens, you will no longer will need to use wrapper, so you will just
throw it out from hierarchy without changing your existing code.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.