[Pharo-dev] Convert to Athens

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 11:56:06 EST 2013

Hello

Athens is a vector graphics library, its not a GUI API. Athens will not
give you buttons, menus, drop down lists and GUI elements. It will give you
however the means to draw all those things and much more.

I am actually making an Athens driven application myself , called
"Hyperion" , a vector graphics editor and I hope also a designer that will
allow you to make GUIs with Athens. But this project will take me a very
long time. The best source right now for learning Athens is the Athens
tutorial, you can find it in the smalltalkhub repo in the Athens-Tutorial
package. It has 32 very useful examples which will give you a very good
idea of what Athens can do.

I will try also to contribute to Athens documentation in the near future ,
but for now I am very new to all this and these things take time.

Also Igor which is the creator of Athens , always welcomes questions in
this list and always replies ;) So don't be shy, ask away :)