[Pharo-dev] Spec new release :)

Benjamin Benjamin.VanRyseghem.Pharo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 07:17:10 EST 2013

Ben

On 13 Nov 2013, at 12:43, Christophe Demarey <Christophe.Demarey at inria.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have some questions:
>
> 1/ Before the removal of morphic dependencies in spec, I used aNode selectedNode parentNode item to get the parent of the selected item. What is the new way to do that?

I think I forgot about this one :)
The fix is easy though.

Can you open an issue, I will have a look this evening :)

> 2/ I also defined specific nodes for a Tree model. These nodes overrode the childrenItems method to provide children elements. It looks like this method is not used anymore in TreeNodeModel. What should I now use to provide children elements in a TreeNodeModel?

You used to have Morphic node specific classes.
Now there is only TreeNodeModel.

So instead of creating a subclass, you will have to specify the TreeNodeModels you want
(and specifying children is #children:)

It is also possible that I forgot some scenarios, in this case, you can send another email,
or wait tip next week so we can sit together :)

Ben