[Pharo-dev] NativeBoost: Documentation Suggestion and Question

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Nov 12 21:19:30 EST 2013

Igor Stasenko wrote
>> sorry, i was out on weekend..

You're not allowed to have a life. You're too important ;)

Igor Stasenko wrote
> and check it is 32-bit compatible.

Great! That was the first problem - 64bit only. Recompiled as universal and
I'm able to communicate with the lib

Igor Stasenko wrote
> you can also try to use #ioLoadModule:  method
> to check if library can be loaded.

This is a good trick to know because by going to #nbGetSymbolAddress:module:
right away, one can't tell whether it's the library or the symbol can't be
found. This narrows it down.

Igor Stasenko wrote
> on mac, use otool to figure exported symbols.

The weird thing is that "nm -g" showed the function with a leading
underscore, "otool -TV" showed no exported symbols, and from NB, what
actually worked was the function name without any leading underscore.

Anyway, I'm implementing one of the demos. I'll let you know how it turns
out.

Thank you for the support!!!

-----
Cheers,