[Pharo-dev] Issue with last line / line ending between FileTree and other repositoroes

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 15:09:50 EST 2013

Hi Dale,

During Smalltalks, you helped me to start loading my code into GemStone.
For that, we created a temp FileTree repository so that we could easily
edit/save and retry the load. That saved us modifying the code elsewhere,
commit, load again etc... Cool!
But now I have a problem... I am trying to merge from filetree to my
original repo. And when I do a diff (Monticello "Changes"), ALL methods
look like modified. FileTree either:

- Removed last empty lines
- Changed the last dot of the last line.
- Removed last space of the last line

So...in summary, it is like if it has changed always the very last
character (whether it is a space, a dot or an empty line). Maybe this is
related to crlf I don't know. But it is a pain because it looks like I am
committing 5k changes! hahaha and I cannot easily see what I have really
changed.

Is this a known problem? Any workaround?

I will send you by private email some screenshots.

Thanks!

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com