[Pharo-dev] NativeBoost: Documentation Suggestion and Question

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 06:30:16 EST 2013

On 12 November 2013 02:43, Sean P. DeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> > Using the presentation, I tried to communicate with the portaudio lib
> (OSX
> > 10.8.5, lib installed with brew).
> > Thanks in advance for any guidance...
>
> Bump. btw I should mention that the error was "function unavailable"
>

> sorry, i was out on weekend..

first thing to do is to:

file youlib.dylib

and check it is 32-bit compatible.

and second is nbGetSymbolAddress: aName module: aModuleNameOrHandle

you can also try to use #ioLoadModule:  method
to check if library can be loaded.

with mangled symbols things are a bit tricky.. sometimes it extra
underscore..
sometimes even two of them..

on mac, use otool to figure exported symbols.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.