[Pharo-dev] Feature request poll

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Nov 5 14:02:25 EST 2013

Goubier Thierry wrote
> for me, Pharo will stay Pharo Smalltalk

That's valid, and just what I was speaking to. For us Smalltalkers, the tiny
sliver of people who understand the subtleties, Pharo (in its current form,
who knows in a year!) is quite reasonably described as Smalltalk - an
evolution of Smalltalk-80. What the "inspired" part is about is the
99.99999999999% of the world who we're marketing to who think "Smalltalk =
Smalltalk-80 = dead over-30-year-old language", which does not acknowledge
Pharo's evolution and vision.

It seems to me to be mostly a question of marketing and practicality.

-----
Cheers,
Sean