[Pharo-dev] Feature request poll

GOUBIER Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Tue Nov 5 13:01:24 EST 2013

I find this debate interesting... but a bit strange

For me, Smalltalk-80 is what is inside the 80's book, and no implementation of Smalltalk was really Smalltalk-80 but something else (some principles plus a huge amount of code)... Pharo is no more different from Smalltalk-80 than all the others were, and, compared to Self, Pharo looks like a very tame variant :)

So for me, Pharo will stay Pharo Smalltalk: a member of a large family which I had the pleasure to work in and use for a very long time, and in many different shapes but still respecting the same core principles.

Thierry