[Pharo-dev] 11920 NewValueHolder should use value instead of contents

Benjamin benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 08:22:36 EST 2013

On 05 Nov 2013, at 14:13, Camillo Bruni <camillobruni at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013-11-05, at 14:09, Benjamin <benjamin.vanryseghem.pharo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05 Nov 2013, at 13:51, Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> it shouldn't be an MC issue.
>>> the integrator is configured in "merge accepting upcoming changes".
>>> So if you integrate and accept without you picking the right version, when the automatic process run it blindly overrides the previous change.
>>
>> Then this is clearly a problem.
>>
>> It works in case fixes are made linearly one after the other. Which is far from being the case
>
> but we even proposed, several times, a remerged SLICE which would for instance produce again a merge conflict.
> So there is a strange problem around, which has something to do with MC.

This is for sure another issue :)

But I guess the value holder fix got lost because I
- produce the slice A for value holder
- produce the slice B for something else spec related

- A got integrated
- B got integrated.

And of course in this scenario, if conflicts are not resolved, of if merge is not done properly, it tools back A

Ben