[Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 4 08:09:23 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 01:58:29PM +0100, Goubier Thierry wrote:

> Le 04/11/2013 12:11, kilon alios a ?crit :
> >yeap filetree did the trick here. However it does not allow to browse
> >through the git commits as gitfiletree does, the only commit available
> >is the last commit.
> >
> >I took a look at CommandShell and friends and they all look pretty much
> >very broken. For example in workspace I executed
> >[ CommandShellTranscript open.] and trying "ls" or "dir" it creates an
> >error because it add C path inside pharo subdirectories. Dont know if
> >this is normal behavior.

Use "CommandShell open" rather than "CommandShellTranscript open".

> I hope someone with more knowledge than me of OSProcess under windows
> will have a look :)

OSProcess support for Windows is incomplete, so this will probably not
do what you need. If the OSProcess is included in the Windows VM, it will
let you run a Windows program, but it will not do most of the other things
that you expect from OSProcess.

Check http://www.squeaksource.com/ProcessWrapper.html for a possible
alternative.

Dave