[Pharo-dev] Spaceship?

Yuriy Tymchuk yuriy.tymchuk at me.com
Mon Nov 4 07:32:24 EST 2013

Hi everyone.

I’m wandering if there was any sort of a discussion about a spaceship method used in Ruby.

The concept is that you should implement a method <=>
that returns something negative if the receiver is smaller then a parameter,
positive when the receiver is greater then a parameter,
and 0 if they are equal.

This way if you are implementing comparable object’s the only method you have to redefine is spaceship (<=>).

Yes, I know that i Pharo you have to only redefine < and =. But maybe it would be interesting to use spaceship :)

What do you think?
Cheers!
Uko