[Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 04:49:08 EST 2013

I can document this , but not before I get really familiar with the
process. Also I have not forgotten my promise to document Nativeboost,
expect a blog post about that really soon.

I tried to use this in windows and I get a failure

ExternalWindowsOSProcess class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #defaultShellPath
PipeableOSProcess
class>>command:environment:workingDir:input:output:error:errorPipelineStream:shellSyntax:
PipeableOSProcess
class>>command:environment:workingDir:input:output:error:errorPipelineStream:
PipeableOSProcess class>>command:
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>gitVersions
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAncestry
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames in Block: [ :bar | ...
BlockClosure>>cull:
Job>>run in Block: [ result := block cull: self ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
Job>>run in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Job>>run
MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>allFileNames
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>readableFileNames
MCFileTreeGitRepository>>packageDescriptionsFromReadableFileNames
MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>retrieveVersionsWithPackageNames:
MCFileTreeGitRepositoryInspector(MCFileRepositoryInspector)>>refresh
MCFileTreeGitRepositoryInspector(MCFileRepositoryInspector)>>setRepository:workingCopy:
in Block: [ ...
BlockClosure>>newProcess in Block: [ ...

I have loaded both OSProcess and OSWindows , are there other dependencies
on Windows I need to load ?

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Tudor Girba <tudor at tudorgirba.com> wrote:

> Exactly. This would be a valuable contribution. Screencasts would be very
> helpful as well.
>
> Doru
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
> stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> one of you should write a blog entry on Git support and the process :)
>> Because we will get this repeat that often.
>>
>> Stef
>>

>> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:11 PM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ok it was my bad, i had not correctly initialized my git repo. Now it
>> works fine. Thanks for the help this awesome.
>>

>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I installed OSProcess but I get a new Error : Git Error : bad default
>>> revision 'Head'
>>>
>>> just to clarify i try to commit to an existing git repo that I have
>>> create manually via terminal.
>>>

>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(Object)>>error:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>gitVersions
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAncestry
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames in Block: [ :bar | ...
>>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> Job>>run
>>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>allFileNames
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>readableFileNames
>>>
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>allFileNamesForVersionNamed:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCDirectoryRepository)>>includesVersionNamed:
>>> MCWorkingCopy>>uniqueVersionNameIn: in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> Job>>run