[Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sun Nov 3 23:46:41 EST 2013


Exactly. This would be a valuable contribution. Screencasts would be very
helpful as well.

Doru




On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
> wrote:

> one of you should write a blog entry on Git support and the process :)
> Because we will get this repeat that often.
>
> Stef
>
>
>
> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:11 PM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ok it was my bad, i had not correctly initialized my git repo. Now it
> works fine. Thanks for the help this awesome.
>
>
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed OSProcess but I get a new Error : Git Error : bad default
>> revision 'Head'
>>
>> just to clarify i try to commit to an existing git repo that I have
>> create manually via terminal.
>>
>>
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(Object)>>error:
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>gitVersions
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAncestry
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames in Block: [ :bar | ...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> Job>>run in Block: [ result := block cull: self ]
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> Job>>run in Block: [ ...
>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>> Job>>run
>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>allFileNames
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>readableFileNames
>>
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>allFileNamesForVersionNamed:
>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCDirectoryRepository)>>includesVersionNamed:
>> MCWorkingCopy>>uniqueVersionNameIn: in Block: [ ...
>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>> Job>>run in Block: [ result := block cull: self ]
>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> Job>>run in Block: [ ...
>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>> Job>>run
>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
>> MCWorkingCopy>>uniqueVersionNameIn:
>> MCWorkingCopy>>newVersionIn:
>> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>basicSaveVersionIn: in Block: [ ...
>> WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr>wrote:
>>
>>>  Oh sorry, the OSProcess dependency is missing :(
>>>
>>> You can install OSProcess from the configuration browser in your Pharo
>>> image or, on the command line :
>>>
>>> $ pharo Pharo.image config http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/MetaRepoForPharo20ConfigurationOfOSProcess --install=stable
>>>
>>> Thierry
>>>
>>>  ------------------------------
>>> *De :* Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces at lists.pharo.org] de la part de
>>> kilon alios [kilon.alios at gmail.com]
>>> *Date d'envoi :* dimanche 3 novembre 2013 13:30
>>>
>>> *À :* Pharo Development List
>>> *Objet :* Re: [Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo
>>>
>>>   look like it cant find PipeableOSProcess on Macos, any idea where I
>>> can find this object ?
>>>
>>>  UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #command:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>gitVersions
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAncestry
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames in Block: [ :bar | ...
>>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>>> Job>>run in Block: [ result := block cull: self ]
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> Job>>run in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> Job>>run
>>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>loadAllFileNames
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>allFileNames
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository>>readableFileNames
>>>
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCFileTreeRepository)>>allFileNamesForVersionNamed:
>>> MCFileTreeGitRepository(MCDirectoryRepository)>>includesVersionNamed:
>>> MCWorkingCopy>>uniqueVersionNameIn: in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>cull:
>>> Job>>run in Block: [ result := block cull: self ]
>>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>>> Job>>run in Block: [ ...
>>> BlockClosure>>ensure:
>>> Job>>run
>>> MorphicUIManager(UIManager)>>displayProgress:from:to:during:
>>> ByteString(String)>>displayProgressFrom:to:during:
>>> MCWorkingCopy>>uniqueVersionNameIn:
>>> MCWorkingCopy>>newVersionIn:
>>> MCWorkingCopyBrowser>>basicSaveVersionIn: in Block: [ ...
>>> WorldState>>runStepMethodsIn:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr
>>> > wrote:
>>>
>>>>  This is where you use GitFileTree.
>>>>
>>>> GitFileTree will do you the commit, browsing the git logs and accessing
>>>> all versions of your package in the git repo (browsing, loading, changes
>>>> with the same GUI and look as a smalltalkhub repo). It won't do the push,
>>>> however(*). It will show you the current branch in the repo too (**).
>>>>
>>>> For pharo3, GitFileTree is available with:
>>>>
>>>> $ pharo Pharo.image eval --save Gofer new url: \'
>>>> http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/ThierryGoubier/MonticelloFileTree-Git/main\'\;
>>>> package: \'MonticelloFileTree-Git\'\; load
>>>>
>>>> For pharo2, there is a group named 'MonticelloFileTree-Git' in FileTree
>>>> configuration.
>>>>
>>>> Feel free to ask if you have any questions or suggestions on it!
>>>>
>>>> Thierry
>>>>
>>>> (*) It would be easy to do commit + push in one go, but, I'm not sure
>>>> I'd like to do a push each time I do a commit. I tend to prefer a push a
>>>> day. Maybe something like a marker in the repository inspector to remind me
>>>> I have something to push?
>>>> (**) It doesn't change branches, and there is no support for branches
>>>> in Monticello... This tend to trigger bugs in MC package cache.
>>>>
>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>  *De :* Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces at lists.pharo.org] de la part de
>>>> kilon alios [kilon.alios at gmail.com]
>>>>  *Date d'envoi :* dimanche 3 novembre 2013 10:16
>>>> *À :* Pharo Development List
>>>> *Objet :* Re: [Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo
>>>>
>>>>    Thank you for your efforts , I have installed filetree using the
>>>> instructions provided in the github pages for pharo 3. I was also
>>>> successful into generating the local files for my packages that I have
>>>> inserted to my git folder. I can manually git commit and git push them from
>>>> terminal but how I do this from inside Monticello-Filetree ?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM, GOUBIER Thierry <thierry.goubier at cea.fr
>>>> > wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>  Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I've used github and work_owned git repositories as primary workplaces
>>>>> for more than a year. First with FileTree, then I wrote GitFileTree to make
>>>>> that process simpler.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thierry
>>>>>  ------------------------------
>>>>> *De :* Pharo-dev [pharo-dev-bounces at lists.pharo.org] de la part de
>>>>> kilon alios [kilon.alios at gmail.com]
>>>>> *Date d'envoi :* samedi 2 novembre 2013 14:59
>>>>> *À :* Pharo Development List
>>>>> *Objet :* [Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo
>>>>>
>>>>>    So any information on how Pharo can be used with Github ?
>>>>>
>>>>>  all I have is this
>>>>>
>>>>>  https://github.com/dalehenrich/FSGit
>>>>>
>>>>>  I dont need much, just basic git pull, push, clone, add and rm
>>>>> should do fine for starter.
>>>>>
>>>>>  But of course I am interesting into learning what can be done, what
>>>>> is available , who needs help with what.  Github is something really
>>>>> important for me, so I am willing to contribute as much I can into bringing
>>>>> Pharo closer to it.
>>>>>
>>>>>  My interest is using Github in place of smalltalkhub and
>>>>> squeaksource. I was planning to implement something like an App Store (not
>>>>> the purchase  system) for Pharo  libraries and I would love to use github
>>>>> as a backend to it and git of course.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>
>


-- 
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/attachments/20131104/0f17ff9a/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the Pharo-dev mailing list