[Pharo-dev] Thanks for the MultiScanner cleans

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 10:08:59 EST 2013

Unfortunately, I checked speed again.
With Bitmap fonts, old text composition is now around 60ms instead of 357ms.
Display is around  1380ms.

But with a FreeTypeFont like Open Sans, composition raise to 700ms and
display 3440ms...

There must be som

| text |
text := Compiler evaluate: (FileSystem workingDirectory parent parent
parent / 'text.st' ) readStream contentsOfEntireFile .
MessageTally spyOn: [100 timesRepeat: [Paragraph new
        compose: text
        style: TextStyle default copy
        from: 1
        in: ( 0 at 0 corner: 569 at 9999999)]].

    | text canvas m1 |
    canvas := FormCanvas extent:  569 at 399 depth: 32.
    text := Compiler evaluate: (FileSystem workingDirectory parent parent
parent / 'text.st' ) readStream contentsOfEntireFile .
    m1 := TextMorph new.
    m1 text: text textStyle: TextStyle default.
    m1 wrapFlag: true.
    m1 extent: 569 at 9999999.
MessageTally spyOn: [ 100 timesRepeat: [
    m1 drawOn: canvas]].