[Pharo-dev] Github and Pharo

GOUBIER Thierry thierry.goubier at cea.fr
Sun Nov 3 05:41:25 EST 2013

This is where you use GitFileTree.

GitFileTree will do you the commit, browsing the git logs and accessing all versions of your package in the git repo (browsing, loading, changes with the same GUI and look as a smalltalkhub repo). It won't do the push, however(*). It will show you the current branch in the repo too (**).

For pharo3, GitFileTree is available with:

$ pharo Pharo.image eval --save Gofer new url: \'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/ThierryGoubier/MonticelloFileTree-Git/main\'\; package: \'MonticelloFileTree-Git\'\; load

For pharo2, there is a group named 'MonticelloFileTree-Git' in FileTree configuration.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions or suggestions on it!

Thierry

(*) It would be easy to do commit + push in one go, but, I'm not sure I'd like to do a push each time I do a commit. I tend to prefer a push a day. Maybe something like a marker in the repository inspector to remind me I have something to push?
(**) It doesn't change branches, and there is no support for branches in Monticello... This tend to trigger bugs in MC package cache.