[Pharo-dev] smalltalkhub is down

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 09:49:14 EDT 2013

On Nov 2, 2013, at 10:21 AM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com> wrote:

> and its alive again !
>
> If anyone cares about my personal opinion, and I hope not many people do , I think it would be better for Pharoers to embrace Github. Not because smalltalkhub is more prone to crashes , not because it has much less features, but because of the amount of exposer it can give to our community.

that's our path in the long term... now it is not easy to move our tools, etc. (and specially our culture), so it will take time... and in the mean time, smalltalkhub has to work properly :)

> I think that if more and more Github users, and there are tons of them out there, starting seeing Pharo project popping around like mushrooms , they may ask the question "What the hell is Pharo" and maybe just maybe this bring more people to our side that may try Pharo , love it and want to help us make it more awesome.
>
> So if we could make committing to Gihub as convenient as committing to  Smalltalkhub then its a matter of porting projects to it. Imagine what would happen if one of those great smalltalkhub projects became the project of the month for Github.

yes, IMNSHO, github (or any other of the services around, but github is the most popular) is the way to go because tons of good reasons (and one of them is that we should stop spending time in something that others can solve for us).