[Pharo-dev] smalltalkhub is down

Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 09:43:53 EDT 2013

On Nov 2, 2013, at 8:36 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> On 02 Nov 2013, at 12:23, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
>

>>> On 02 Nov 2013, at 05:51, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Something is fundamentally wrong here.
>>
>> Yes. And it is hurting the trust people have in smalltalkhub. This is not the way to promote the community either.
>>
>> I hope there are at least monitoring and auto-restart services running!
>>
>> Johan
>
> I suspect that the problem is that a database (Mongo DB) is involved so that before each (potentially automatic) restart a human has to make sure that the database is not corrupt. If the application/webapp and the DB are really very well separated then that should be less of a problem.

the problem is external semaphores saturation and errors while cleaning them.
Now, the real problem is that shit always happens when there is no one available to provide a real fix, so for now we are just restarting the service each time it crashes, and we will (bah, Nico will) provide a real solution after holidays :)

Esteban