[Pharo-dev] smalltalkhub is down

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 09:21:20 EDT 2013

and its alive again !

If anyone cares about my personal opinion, and I hope not many people do ,
I think it would be better for Pharoers to embrace Github. Not because
smalltalkhub is more prone to crashes , not because it has much less
features, but because of the amount of exposer it can give to our
community.

I think that if more and more Github users, and there are tons of them out
there, starting seeing Pharo project popping around like mushrooms , they
may ask the question "What the hell is Pharo" and maybe just maybe this
bring more people to our side that may try Pharo , love it and want to help
us make it more awesome.

So if we could make committing to Gihub as convenient as committing to
 Smalltalkhub then its a matter of porting projects to it. Imagine what
would happen if one of those great smalltalkhub projects became the project
of the month for Github.