[Pharo-project] [ANN] ZTimestamp[Precise]SNTPClient

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Tue Feb 26 13:33:55 EST 2013

On 26 Feb 2013, at 17:18, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2013, at 4:57 PM, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> I love the complete ecosystem you are step by step building.
>> This is so great!
>
> Yes! Just imagine we continue like that… we are now (slowly, slowly) reaching a point
> where for the first time we can really build on top of the foundation we did.
>
> One central idea behind Pharo was to so we can do better on top of what we did.
> The effect we will get from that will be very interesting. Until now we have seen almost
> nothing, but now we are entering a phase where the difference will be not very pronounced
> but visible if you look for it.
>
> Reflective improvement, leading to a feedback loop… and thus non-linear effects.
> I know that some people are laughing about this, but I really believe in it :-)
>
> 	Marcus

Yes, that is certainly true.

But there is not only a technical feedback loop with non linear effects, there is also a human and community reinforcement and accelleration going on that is really, really impressive. There are so many sub projects in/on Pharo, actually way too many to enumerate. They each directly or indirectly help or facilitate the others, spreading knowledge, creating Smalltalkers all over the world doing amazing stuff on the same base system.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu