[Pharo-dev] The Moldable Debugger - screencasts

Andrei Chis chisvasileandrei at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 14:28:02 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM, kilon alios <kilon.alios at gmail.com> wrote:

> I really like the idea of having debugger adjust to the workflow of the
> coder, I think the same should apply to Browser too, though AFAIK already
> Nautilus is very flexible.
>
> Congratulations on the videos by the way, they really show the potential
> of the debugger.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked them.

> I think , and correct me if that is already available, what would be a
> good idea is a preset system where you could choose between diffirent
> debugger setups. So a preset for "pettitparser"another for "roassal" etc
> that means less menus and no need to have separate debuggers :)

No, such an option is not available at the moment. One possible problem is
that these debuggers were designed to be used only in particular contexts
(especially the gui). Trying to use some of them all the time will not
result in a nice experience. A setting that could be added is to do the
switching automatically.

Also, the mechanism to change between debuggers will improve. Right now the
quite hidden menu does not tell you that a debugger is available, nor does
it make it easy to switch.