[Pharo-dev] Thank you for Pharo

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 10:03:35 EST 2013

" We all appreciate when Pharo is useful. But it is not yet finished (if it
ever will) and you are welcome to help moving it forward as
yet another crazy guy. Step by step it goes ..."

Fortunately their are plenty of "crazy" people to prove "logical" people
wrong and drive progress forward.

Here is a nice article about them.

http://listverse.com/2007/10/28/top-30-failed-technology-predictions/

I will also like to thank pharo people for their work. Sorry if I have
replied to this thread before I have a bad memory.

I started pharo like a "crazy" experiment, I never expected that I would
abandon a well established , supported  and popular programming language
like python for pharo.

The plan was simple to "steal ideas" from pharo and port them to python on
the premise that I would like several things that would be doable by one
person. Then I discovered more and more things I liked that became complete
insane to even imagine that I could port all these things to python. I
certainly did not want to abandon the comfort of python and learn things
from scratch but I was completely hooked with how amazing pharo is. So here
I am, I only hope I do my very small part to push pharo forward, with my
project Ephestos and small bug fixes here and there. Still long way to go
to really understand pharo and its libraries but as you so wisely said step
by step I am moving forward and that can only be a good thing.