[Pharo-dev] Spotlight Demo

Sean DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Mon Dec 30 09:23:55 EST 2013

I needed an entry completion with groups, like Mac's Spotlight. While I was at it, I figured it would also be useful as a UI for the existing Spotlight. So I made a SpotlightMorph, which is a very Mac-like stand-alone Morph, which is a textField + results morph, and an adaptor for EntryCompetion, SpotlightEntryCompletion, which can be passed to #entryCompletion:

A short screencast will be available at https://vimeo.com/82953583 in about 45 minutes.

And here's a screenshot for the impatient ;)

To load (tested in Pharo 2.0 latest):
    Gofer it
	smalltalkhubUser: 'SeanDeNigris' project: 'SeansPlayground';
	package: 'Spotlight';
	load.

Then try:
	SpotlightCompletionExample open.
or
	SpotlightMorphExample exampleFileSearch.
or
	SpotlightMorphExample exampleSmalltalkSearch.