[Pharo-dev] Are #explorerContents and #hasContentsInExplorer obsolete ?

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Sat Dec 28 07:36:37 EST 2013

Thanks for raising this :).

I now added a simple implementation in the GTInspector to have Pointers
available for all objects. Perhaps it is overdoing it to have it by default
on all objects, but it was cheap to implement in a crude way. I still do
not eliminate all inspector related objects that point to the current
object, but it's a start (see attached the pointers to Smalltalk).

Object>>gtInspectorPointersIn: composite
<gtInspectorPresentationOrder: 20>
composite list
title: 'Pointers';
display: [ (self pointersToExcept: { self })
reject: [ :each | each pointsOnlyWeaklyTo: self ] ];
format: [ :each | GTObjectPrinter new asTruncatedTextFrom: each ];
showOnly: 50

[image: Inline image 1]

Cheers,
Doru