[Pharo-dev] How to contribute [WAS: Re: [Pharo-users] WebClient Issues on Pharo 2.0]

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 08:50:26 EST 2013

2013/12/24 Esteban Lorenzano <estebanlm at gmail.com>

> Yeah, that part I can understand it.
> What I don’t understand is what would be that.

Involving community is what social groups do for self-optimization and
evolution.
A model where people does not contribute code is the Microsoft EULA license.

> Packages part of pharo core are in in Pharo team in smalltalkhub
> Packages part of pharo extras are un PharoExtras team in smalltalkhub

I cannot find PharoExtras in SmalltalkHub.
Can I find from within image if a package belongs to Pharo or PharoExtras?

That information should be more visible somewhere.

> we, as core pharo developers take responsibility over the packages that
> resides there, and of course any contribution is welcome.
>
> For the stuff in Pharo team, you need to work in the form of “Issue
> report” and “SLICE provider”.
> For the stuff in PharoExtras, you can provide just the package updates +
> the *updated* configuration.
>
> All PharoExtras projects should have a jenkins job in
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/?
> And you should take care that job is green after you commit your packages.
>
> For contribute in any of the teams, Pharo and PharoExtras you need to be
> added as team member, and that can be done just requiting it in pharo-dev
> list (which, btw, is a better place for this discussion).

Ok, thanks.

Hernán