[Pharo-dev] Problems with Athens Font Rendering

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 20:21:56 EST 2013

On 20 December 2013 15:35, J.F. Rick <self at je77.com> wrote:

> I keep on crashing my VM based on using Athens to render fonts. Some
> things work; some don't. It is a mystery.
>
> I managed to install the TrueType fonts. I'm using StringMorph in an
> AthensWrapMorph, so it is rendered in Athens. When I do the following, it
> seems to work fine:
>
> string := StringMorph contents: 'HelloWorld' font: (LogicalFont
> familyName: 'Arial' pointSize: 20).
> string color: Color white.
> string position: 100 @ 100.
> self addMorph: string.
>
> When I changed it to 30, it initially crashed. Now it doesn't crash, but
> the rendering is the same as for 20. When I change it to 40, it crashes.
> When I add two strings, one of size 20 and one of size 30, it crashes. All
> of these things render fine outside of Athens (i.e., I just open them in
> the world).
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> What platform you running, and can you share your code?

Following runs well on my image (mac):

| m string |
m := AthensWrapMorph new.

string := StringMorph contents: 'HelloWorld' font: (LogicalFont familyName:
'Arial' pointSize: 20).
string color: Color red  .

m addMorph: string.

string := StringMorph contents: 'HelloWorld' font: (LogicalFont familyName:
'Arial' pointSize: 30).
string color: Color green  .

m addMorph: string.

m openInWindow

(image double-sized because of retina display :)
[image: Inline images 1]

Jeff

--
Best regards,