[Pharo-dev] Problems with Athens Font Rendering

J.F. Rick self at je77.com
Fri Dec 20 09:35:18 EST 2013

I keep on crashing my VM based on using Athens to render fonts. Some things
work; some don't. It is a mystery.

I managed to install the TrueType fonts. I'm using StringMorph in an
AthensWrapMorph, so it is rendered in Athens. When I do the following, it
seems to work fine:

string := StringMorph contents: 'HelloWorld' font: (LogicalFont familyName:
'Arial' pointSize: 20).
string color: Color white.
string position: 100 @ 100.
self addMorph: string.

When I changed it to 30, it initially crashed. Now it doesn't crash, but
the rendering is the same as for 20. When I change it to 40, it crashes.
When I add two strings, one of size 20 and one of size 30, it crashes. All
of these things render fine outside of Athens (i.e., I just open them in
the world).

What am I doing wrong?

Jeff

--