[Pharo-dev] PharoLauncher as the default Pharo download on pharo.org?

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 05:52:04 EST 2013

Definetly yesssssssss

I use the launcher all the time , I love it, And why macos only, works on
windows like a charm too. No problem on Linux either. Frankly pharo is the
first language I use that comes with an installer like this. Definetly this
need to be promoted out there. It also shows the power of images and why we
love them.

I have not run into any kinda a bug with it apart from 1. When the servers
were down instead of saying "sorry cant found the servers" it kept trying
and trying to download in an infinite loops and I had to force quit it.

I see no reason why PharoLauncher could be integrated inside pharo. I have
to say though I would love for someone to fix the update process too, the
whole deal of dowloading the latest release and then installing from
scratch all my third party libraries is killing my inner child. Probably I
should make a configuration of my setup, but still, I would love to click
"update" and automagically get updated to latest version.