[Pharo-dev] About Pharo in Ohloh

kilon alios kilon.alios at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:14:54 EST 2013

As you know Ohloh is a very good promotional site for open source projects.

Pharo has already a page on it. However I did observe that Pharo page
experiences the same issue as  Amber. In Amber it reported that 80% of the
project was made with Javascript. It reported that because Amber compiles
it source code (smalltalk) to javascript. So all I had to do was to go to
preferences page and add ignore filter for javascript folders and viola
since then Amber is reported to be 80% smalltalk.

http://www.ohloh.net/p/pharo

Pharo is in somewhat or even more weird situation. Its reported to be 30% C
which is the bad and 17% C# (WTF?) and 30% some other thing which are the
weird parts. So maybe if you add ignore filters for some of the folders it
may be able to increase the % of the smalltalk. It does not take time and
if I was familiar with the build process of Pharo I could do it for you,
but I have no clue. I assume it probably sees Slang as C# though I am not
sure.

I think its unfair for Pharo to be given the impression of a C/C# project.