[Pharo-dev] UDP Broadcast message

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:54:39 EST 2013

2013/12/19 Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu>:

> On 19 Dec 2013, at 17:09, jannik.laval <jannik.laval at gmail.com> wrote:

>> No more need of Wireshark.
> Great !
> When it works (and one way or another is usually does), Pharo is a great/excellent tool for doing all sorts of network, binary and bit hacking. A thousand times more practical and useful than low level languages: you have great interactivity, discoverability and debug capabilities in a super environment where you can really work with objects (and thus bytes, bits and byte arrays).

+1

Years ago I implemented a client (in VB6) for a proprietary binary feed, but
because I didn't have the server available, I was able to implement
the interface with Smalltalk. Being able to inspect the contents of a
socket, and iterate as you like is a true advantage.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo