[Pharo-dev] Please stop top posting... (was Re: Tell me about your workflow)

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 15:23:01 EST 2013

On 17 December 2013 19:56, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
> On 12/17/2013 03:30 PM, Sergi Reyner wrote:
>>
>> I came to the conclusion, some years ago, that I will continue to strive
>> to quote properly, and the rest of the world is free to do whatever they
>> want. And I am then free to just ignore messages or threads that are too
>> much trouble for me to follow.
>

> Amen to that. And I am an atheist even :)
>
> regards, Göran
>
> PS. Mailinglists beats web forums every day of the week IMHO. I am following
> at least 12 different mailinglists and would go totally NUTS if I had to do
> that in various different web UIs that don't keep track of what I have read
> or not...

Web forums have pull semantics, meaning you have to go to the site to
pull the info. That, in turn, implies polling. RSS mitigates this
somewhat, together with aggregation, for read-only sources of info.
And then if you want to respond, you'd have to go to the website, and
log in, and all sorts of nonsense.

frank